We know that this Y experience will be different from what you are used to. Please remain patient as we do everything in our power to maintain community safety while still seeking to serve you well. We ask that as Y members, you maintain social responsibility and follow these guidelines put in place so we can continue to keep our community safe.
Updates as of 7/24/2020
UPDATES AS of 7/24/2020
- Please remember to bring your mask starting Thursday, July 27. Everyone 8 years of age and older must wear a mask to enter our YMCAs. (There are specific exceptions for physical, medical or health-related reasons. Please stop at our welcome desk if assistance is needed.)
- Masks will be required inside all of our YMCAs except when actively exercising and during brief periods of recovery (2 minutes or less) immediately after exercise or between machines during your circuit. Masks are required when preparing to exercise, when stretching, and during periods of extended rest (more than 2 minutes).
- Masks will be required in our youth programs for all participants ages 8 and older. Our staff will help children know when it’s okay to remove their masks during appropriate activities.
[faq question="Updates as of 7/6/2020"]
UPDATES AS of 7/6/2020
Group Exercise is back! We are now offering in-person group exercise classes at our Northwest and Yorktown locations!
- You MUST reserve a spot for an in-person group exercise class. Class sizes will be limited to allow us to follow social distancing protocols. You can reserve your spot up to 7 days in advance.
- Childwatch is available at the Northwest Y only. You must reserve a time slot for childwatch. Times are available in 1 hour increments only and must be reserved 48 hours in advance.
When registering for a group exercise class, you must use your name as it is in our Membership System. Call the front desk if you have any questions!
- Showers will be available but we will not be providing towels. Please bring your own! Social distancing protocols will be enforced in locker rooms. Showers are single use only!
- Pick up basketball games are now permitted! You will be allowed to borrow basketballs from the front desk at the Northwest Y. You must clean the ball before and after use.
- We will now be offering private and semi-private Swim Lessons at Tuhey Pool! View details and register below
Updates as of 6/15/2020
Updates as of 6/15/2020
- Infant Childwatch (6 weeks-18 months) – Maximum occupancy 4 children
- Toddler Childwatch (19 months-5 years) – Maximum occupancy 8 children
- Zone – (5 years-12 years) Maximum occupancy 15 children
Policies and procedures:
- Each child is allowed only one visit per day.
- No snacks and drinks other than water may be brought in.
- Each family will have one cubby to put their belongings.
- We are encouraging children 2 and older have a face mask. Masks will not be provided by YMCA.
Prairie Creek Beach
Mon-Fri 11a-6p; Sat-Sun 11a-7p
500 W North St Box 349, Muncie, IN 47308
Updates as of 6/1/2020
- Children aged 16 and under will now be permitted into our facilities when visiting with their parent or guardian.
- Ages 12-15 may utilize a separate activity space (for example, child is shooting baskets while their guardian is in the wellness center.)
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by their guardian at all times.
- The Yorktown Y will be expanding hours.
- The Yorktown Y will open at 5 am and close at 8 pm on weekdays.
- Fridays, the Y will still close at 11 am.
- We will return to checking out easily sanitized equipment such as basketballs, Pickleball paddles, and tennis rackets.
- We still highly encourage members to bring their own equipment if they have it.
- Members can play Pickleball and we are resuming our tennis racket re-stringing service.
- Limited in-person Group Exercises will be offered.
- Guest Passes and Nationwide members will be welcomed back starting June 15th.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- We have carefully reviewed Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Indiana state and local guidelines and discussed at length how to best provide the safest environment for you.
- We have shared our operating plans with the Delaware County Health Department and been in direct communication with them to discuss questions and suggestions they have had.
- Our staff has participated in many online meetings, webinars, and phone conversations with national, state, and local officials. We have also discussed best practices with colleagues from YMCA’s across the country.
- The YMCA’s Health Risk and Safety Advisory Team comprised of local medical, health, insurance, and risk professionals has reviewed and discussed our operating plans.
- You do not need to reserve a time to visit the Y wellness center.
- Members will be admitted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The capacity of each Y facility has been reduced to adhere to safety guidelines; you may have to wait to enter the Y if we are at capacity when you arrive.
- Please be patient and know that these protocols have been put in place for your safety and to accommodate as many members as possible each day.
- You will need to complete a Pre-Check In screening before entering the Y.
- Please bring a mask or face covering, workout towel and water bottle.
- Members are encouraged to wear a mask in all common areas where other members are present and whenever you are walking to and from the area where you will be working out. Masks do not have to be worn during your workout, but we recommend wearing a mask whenever safely possible to limit the spread of germs.
- Water fountains are closed at this time, so you will need to bring your water with you.
- Remember, you need to complete a health pre-screen prior to entering the Y. The screening is required to be completed each day that you visit the Y.
Check in procedure
- You must stop and complete the check in process at the membership desk. This will include a basic health screening
- Be prepared to wait as we check in members in front of you. Be sure you are keeping a minimum of six feet distance between you and the members waiting with you (This may mean you will have to wait outside as the line progresses)
- No food or drink outside of already filled water bottles will be permitted
- Do not bring in your own workout equipment (Basketballs are permitted)
- Members who wish to play basketball must bring their own ball
- You must sign a waiver prior to returning to our facilities.
- To sign the waiver, click the link below. You will need your bar-code number from your scan card and your last name.
- If you do not have a bar-code, send us an email by clicking the request bar-code button below.
WHILE YOU ARE VISITING
- A minimum of 6 feet of social distancing will be required at all times, even for members that share the same household
- No contact of any kind will be permitted
- We highly encourage that you wear a face mask while in our facilities to help prevent the spread of illness as well as to provide peace of mind to your fellow members
- All members must clean equipment before and after every use
- Only participate in strength and cardio exercises you can safely complete on your own. Spotting will not be permitted due to social distancing requirements.
- Suggestion: wash your clothing items immediately upon re-entering your home
Failure to comply with any of the above guidelines is not an option. We want to keep our doors open for as many members as possible. Doing so means taking safety seriously. Please note that any member who fails to comply with social distancing requirements may be asked to leave the facility
- All members and employees will be required to go through a basic screening prior to entering the building
- Regular misting of all facility areas with EPA registered broad spectrum disinfectant
- Signage throughout the building regarding hand washing and social distancing
- Increased cleaning frequency (multiple scheduled sanitation times plus spot cleaning by staff throughout the day)
- Cleaning common high touch surfaces like counter tops and door handles multiple times a day
- Members required to clean equipment prior to and after use
- Hand sanitizing stations located throughout the building
Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation
- Northwest YMCA
- 5 am-8 pm M-F, Sat. 6 am-6 pm, Closed Sunday
- Yorktown YMCA
- 5 am-8 pm M-Thr, 5 am-11 am F, Closed Saturday & Sunday
- Downtown YMCA closed for membership services in order to provide Day Camp programming per recommended guidelines
- HORSE or practice shooting only (pick-up basketball not permitted)
- Walking tracks open
Tennis (per USTA COVID-19 Guidelines)
- Seasonal Court Time and Court Reservations for informal play
- Private lessons when available
- Equipment (including tennis balls and basketballs) must be brought by members and must leave with members
- Online Group exercise
- Will offer “Pop Up” live classes periodically which will take place in large activity spaces like gymnasiums or tennis courts with pre-designated spaces for attendees and instructors appropriately spaced out per social distancing guidelines
- 1:1 instruction within social distancing guidelines
- Mitchell Early Childhood and Family Center
- Mitchell’s Childcare services will continue to be provided.
Programs/services suspended until further notice
- Lockers not available, towel services suspended, and drinking fountains closed
- We will not be checking out equipment or supplies
- Spotting during lifting sessions will not be permitted, members must only attempt to participate in exercises they can safely accomplish without assistance
- Child Watch
- Shower Facilities
- Aquatics (We are working on an exciting collaboration with the City of Muncie with regard to aquatics programming. More information will be released in the upcoming weeks.)
- Youth and Adult Sports
- Guest passes will not be available
- Nationwide memberships won’t be honored during this time. Those who have Nationwide with Tennis are exempt because they have YMCA of Muncie memberships.
- Members under the age of 16 will not be permitted into the facility