General Activities Responsibilities
- Complete assignments with energy, warmth and enthusiasm
- Know and familiarize oneself with all the locations of programming equipment in camp as well as camp fire areas
- Work directly with Managers and Program Director to set up and tear down all evening activities
- Make sure all fire pit areas have firewood, kindling and paper products to start fire when needed
- Work closely with Camp Cook and kitchen staff to deliver breakfast and dinner from main camp to North Teen Village on time every day
- Work with North Teen Village cook to keep deliveries on time and kitchen area cleaned and organized
- Work closely with Cooks and Managers to set up and tear down of any special dinners such as Luau at the Whoa Zone and North Teen Village Wed. Night Burger Bar
- Help Managers and Leadership staff with set up and take down of all campfires, s’more making and Closing ceremonies
- Make sure all program areas are locked after evening program – ball closet and program closet. Open these areas up every morning before skills clinics.
- Honor Staff Curfew as well as Lights Out times.
- Return from Time Off punctually. Always check in with Manager before leaving. Never leave without your cabin being covered.
- Follow the Y’s best practices and behave in a professional manner that represents the Y and Camp Crosley well when out in public or on time off.
- Register your vehicle with camp and stay park in staff designated areas
- Any and all other duties deemed necessary by the Senior Program Director
- CPR/First Aid Certified – training provided at Camp if needed
- Must be able to pass background check
- Complete Child Abuse Safety Training Course
- Relates well with peer group
- Relates well with parents of children
- Must enjoy working with children
- Creative/Energetic/Strong Work Ethic
- Can perform duties under stressful conditions
- Ability to think on feet and problem solve quickly
- Can perform duties on time without supervision
- Exercises self control
- Exhibits character that is above reproach
- 20 years of age or older – preferably completed one year of college
- Has valid drivers license
- Experience working with/teaching/supervising children
- Former Camp Crosley Cabin Counselor