This posting is for convenience only and does not indicate employment, job or career openings at our Y. Please contact the location and/or supervisor of any YMCA of Muncie position of interest to you.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Director of Early Learning
Prepares and cooks family style meals for children enrolled in our child care center by performing the following duties.
- Cooks food items in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served
- Plans menus, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability
- Orders supplies and keep records and accounts when needed
- To operate within monthly budget guidelines
- Directs assistants in preparing, serving meals, and clean-up after meals
- Maintain a safe environment at all times
- Present a professional manner through neat and clean appearance
- Keeps work area clean and orderly
- Attend mandatory meetings and training sessions
- Be friendly and courteous to fellow staff, members, and guests
- Demonstrate and implement a thorough knowledge of proper emergency procedures, licensing, CACFP, and HEPA regulations
- Any other duties assigned by director of support services
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High school diploma or GED required;1-3 months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Safe Serve.
- Knowledge of Indiana Rules for Licensing Child Care Centers, NAEYC Accreditation, HEPA
- Minimum age of 21 and driving record in good standing.
- Requirements include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention; CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood borne Pathogens, physical, Drug Screen, and a variety of other development trainings.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasional bending, reaching or squatting. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the telephone. Time is spent both indoors and outdoors. The condition of the air is normal/average air conditioned/ventilated. The noise level is normal to loud within an active YMCA program environment. Must have passed a physical examination conducted within the past 12 months prior to beginnning work.