This posting is for convenience only and does not indicate employment, job or career openings at our Y. Please contact the location and/or supervisor of any YMCA of Muncie position of interest to you.
In accordance with the mission, vision and values of the YMCA of Muncie, the person in this position will maintain facilities, grounds and equipment. Create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Ensures safety by checking for hazardous conditions and making sure all safety equipment is properly placed and in proper working condition.
- Maintain all YMCA facilities in a clean and sanitary manner according to YMCA of the USA and Muncie YMCA standards.
- Follow all safety guidelines for the equipment and chemicals being used.
- Follow detailed cleaning lists for daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Clean according to YMCA of the USA guidelines.
- Fill out appropriate forms as required.
- Perform daily inspection of buildings and grounds and formulate a list of items needing attention. Report these needs to the Executive Director.
- Meet with supervisor as needed.
- Maintain work space in a safe and clean manner.
- Maintain inventory of commonly used cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Clean up the area after any maintenance work is performed including work by outside contractors.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures for any situation, including first aid or CPR, work-related employee injuries, etc. Completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Maintains a clean environment by following and recording proper cleaning procedures.
- Sets up and stores equipment and assists with event set up.
- Follows all maintenance employee rules, dress code, policies and guidelines.
- Promotes YMCA programs.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any suggestions, concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Provides excellent member service and follows membership retention practices of the branch, including responding to inquiries/concerns in a timely manner, being courteous and giving sincere attention to members, providing positive and regular feedback to program participants, knowing individual’s names and using their names when speaking to members.
- Supports the annual Invest In Youth Campaign and other fundraising activities.
- Upholds guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook of the Association.
- Attends designated training and staff meetings.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Values – Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s mission, vision and values.
Community – Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Volunteerism – Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
Philanthropy – Supports fund-raising.
Inclusion – Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Relationships – Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Influence – Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations.
Communication – Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Developing Others – Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Decision Making – Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Innovation – new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Project Management – Embraces Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings.
Finance – Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Quality Results – Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Self Development – Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
Change Capacity – Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Emotional Maturity – Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships.
Functional Expertise – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Education and Certifications
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Certification requirements include CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid and Oxygen Administration.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, and Bloodbourne Pathogens within 30 days of employment. Child Abuse Prevention and Bloodbourne Pathogens to be refreshed every 12 months.
Experience: Minimum age of 18. 6 months or more of related experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision ability required includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to sit or stand for extended periods, and the ability to bend and reach. Must have the ability to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.