We are taking applications for this position through 10/6/2018.
Associate Executive Director
Under the guidance and supervision of the Associate Executive Director of Camp Crosley, the Program Director will be responsible for the development, implementation, administration, staffing, and program services for the groups and retreats attending Camp Crosley. The program director will also serve in a key leadership role for the summer camp program.
- Helps to implement the annual objectives for Camp Crosley YMCA as part of the Association’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for the leading/managing proper staffing for groups, and is responsible for the planning and execution of the day to day programmatic and logistical operations of assigned programs.
- Provide ongoing program and staff evaluations to ensure high quality delivery of programs.
- Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with existing, new and potential groups.
- Assists to ensure that all departments they relate to meet or exceed the operating net for the annual branch operating budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Works with the appropriate staff to develop and implement the program plan for the branch to meet YMCA objectives and adhere to state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Works with the Camp Crosley leadership staff to develop and implement the Groups and Retreats plan, including developing sales and retention goals, for the branch.
- Manage and maintain program areas of camp and following through on the policy and operating procedures for each program area.
- Helps to lead and conduct a successful Annual Campaign to achieve the pre-campaign agreed upon goal.
- Selects, trains, leads, coaches, evaluates, develops and motivates staff and non policy volunteers.
- Fosters an inclusive work environment.
- Develops and works successfully with collaborative partners.
- Promotes and advocates the work of the Y within the community in accordance with Association/Branch strategic and operating plans.
- Helps to oversee the management of a clean and sanitary, safe and well-maintained facility that meets all state and local licensing requirements.
- Provide leadership to at least one age group and any program areas in the summer as assigned.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information. Develop with the Camp Crosley leadership team a comprehensive Marketing plan for the branch. Ensures marketing materials comply with Y branding guidelines and uses Y Voice to effectively tell the YMCA story.
- Ensures maintenance of accurate records for the branch related to programs, facility, and staff.
- Knows and administers the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for any situation, including first aid or CPR, work-related employee injuries, etc. Completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Communicates to the Associate Executive Director any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Provides excellent customer service and follows retention practices of the branch, including responding to inquiries/concerns in timely manner, being courteous and giving sincere attention to guests, providing positive and regular feedback to program participants, knowing individual’s names and using their names when speaking to guests. Responsible to create an atmosphere of genuine warmth and acceptance for all guests at the facility.
- Increases all guest and program participant awareness of healthy lifestyle factors.
- Leads goal setting and achievement of outcomes of program task teams, and other assigned committees, of the Association.
- Attends designated meetings and trainings. Assists the Executive Director in holding effective staff meetings.
- Upholds guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook of the Association.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Associate Executive, Executive Director, Management Staff and President/CEO.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Education and Certifications
- A 4-year college degree or applicable YMCA experience is required; 4 year degree strongly preferred.
- Online New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, and Blood borne Pathogens within 30 days of employment. Child Abuse Prevention and Blood borne Pathogens to be refreshed every 12 months.
- CPR/AED, First Aid within 60 days of hire and kept current.
- 2 years minimum of supervisory experience is required demonstrating the ability to recruit, train, motivate and supervise staff and volunteers, as well as the ability to work with volunteer committees.
- Sound budget development, fiscal and facility management background required.
- Solid experience in program planning, development, and delivery required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable driver’s record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications, along with ability to learn the internal YMCA software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasional bending or squatting. The incumbent is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the telephone. More than 90% of time is spent indoors. The condition of the air is normal/average air conditioned/ventilated. The noise level is normal to loud within an active YMCA program environment.