This posting is for convenience only and does not indicate employment, job or career openings at our Y. Please contact the location and/or supervisor of any YMCA of Muncie position of interest to you.
Director of Wellness
The history and essential character of the YMCA is inextricably linked to Christianity and the teachings of Jesus Christ. In fact, the YMCA had its origins in 19th century London, as a bible study group for young men who had come to the city. However, as the YMCA grew and expanded, it changed. Day to day concerns tended to obscure its Christian heritage. Therefore, one of the existing challenges to the YMCA staff today is the emphasis on the ‘C’ in the YMCA existing programs. The emphasis on Judeo-Christian character values like caring, honesty, respect and responsibility should be an integral part of each program and be demonstrated by staff.
The YMCA personal trainer will communicate effectively and provide leadership to members striving for health and fitness goals according to YMCA standards. He or she will follow the YMCA philosophy of developing a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. The personal trainer will uphold and support the mission and four core values of the YMCA.
- Report to work on time as scheduled, in uniform when appointment begins.
- Be professional, alert, courteous and diplomatic. When interacting with patrons follow the four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Provide new member and youth Wellness Center orientations.
- Work directly with members assisting them set and reach wellness goals.
- Maintain a High Degree of cleanliness and maintenance of equipment.
- Cell phone usage is kept to a minimum.
- Follow appropriate pre-screening procedures delineated by the Program Director.
- Know the youth Wellness Center policy and enforce it at all times.
- Know and practice the proper emergency procedures for your area.
- Enforce all facility rules. Be courteous, but firm. Report a persistent problem to the Manager on Duty, Program Director or Executive Director.
- Attend all staff meetings and training directed by Program Director or any other YMCA training mandatory for staff.
- Any other duties assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
Performing the above-mentioned items will help ensure a safe and enjoyable health and fitness environment for the members to enjoy.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- YMCA child abuse prevention course, new employee training within 3 months of hire.
- Be able to recite the YMCA mission statement and values.
- Lifting 50 pounds