This program is a statewide initiative designed to expand and diversify the Y’s talent pipeline by exposing young people to careers with the YMCA.
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
- Identify students who represent Delaware County and embody a desire to grow in their character, classroom and community.
- Guide participants in learning the tangibles needed for excellent customer service skills.
- Creating readiness for participants to enter the workforce through necessary and appropriate training and mentorship.
- Support the academic and social well-being of our participants and their peers.
- Retain qualified youth leaders within our organization, communities and Muncie.
Employability & Career Readiness skills
Development through mentorship
Paid Work Experience
Fall through Spring
Meet minimum of twice a month (In addition to work experience hours)
11th & 12th grades high school students
2.0 GPA or higher
Health & Wellness
Assist with daily administrative tasks within the Wellness center, fitness and personal training programs.
Membership & Engagement
Serve as the first point of contact for current, new and prospective members.
Assist in implementing learning activities in a fun and nurturing environment.
Read Our Handbook
Communication is vital to keep the program innovative, safe and fun. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to speak with Mr. Anthony Williams – Executive Director of Workforce Development. The best way to communicate is by email (email@example.com) or calling (765) 381-2018 Ext. 1135 to schedule a meeting